Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lulu Rides the Short Bus

These pictures were taken when my friend Jes (hi Jes!) took Lulu for the day. Jes has 2 Ridgebacks, Dakota, who probably weighs more than she does, and Aby, who is her boyfriend's dog. Jes also has a Chocolate Lab named Bailee, who could not be found in the picture, as she was left at home for lack of being a Ridgeback.

So Jessica took the dogs for a morning hike at Turkey Creek and then later in the day they headed to Blue Hole in Wimberley. When they got in the truck to head to Wimberley, apparently Dakota decided to assert his dominance over Lulu by growling at her every time she touched him. As you can see from the photo above, this gave Lulu very little room to maneuver, causing her to be growled at frequently.

This was Lulu's solution to the problem. While I give her huge props for ingenuity, I can't help to, once again, wonder what in the world goes through that dog's head. I have never in my life seen a dog sit like this by choice, much less in a car. I have had these photos for several months and every time I think of her cruising down the road in this position with that look on her face, I can't stop giggling. What can I say? She is one of a kind.

No comments: