Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Saving Some for Winter?


When Scott came home from work Monday night he was all, "WHAT is wrong with Lulu's face?" Me: "What do you mean?" Him: "Um, HELLO, she looks like a chipmunk." I'm not really sure how I missed the fact that she appeared to have two super balls stuffed into her cheeks but I guess I'll have to give up all my dreams of winning any Mother of the Year Awards.

So Tuesday morning I took Little Bit to the vet. The diagnosis? "Hmm, I'm not really sure what it is. Maybe she got bit. Try some benadryl." I must preface this by saying that I really do like my vet, but, call me crazy, I was hoping for a bit more insight. Furthermore, I kind of think that maybe some sort of diagnosis-less discount could be in order. I'm not asking for free, as I did take her time but, let's be real, I took her time in order to find out what was wrong with my dog and ended up walking out with little more than I came in with, with the exception of the possibility of a peaceful benadryl induced afternoon. I guess that's worth something.

When I got home, I posted on my breeder's Yahoo Groups page and within minutes received several replies saying, "Oh, that happened to my dog too. They told me he/she swallowed a bee," and, while I suppose it is possible that there is a rash of bee-eating Ridgebacks on the loose, I am somewhat dubious. All these replies did, however, provide some much-needed reassurance that she would be fine eventually. I will have to admit I was a bit disheartened to find the general consensus was that the benadryl was not necessary. Then I decided it's probably better to be safe than sorry. Right?


P.S.- Lu wanted me to send this picture along to show Bella isn't the only one that can be a wanker winker.

No comments: