Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ornery Like a Certain 95 Year Old Man.




My ex-husband had a grandfather who was very, very old and lived in an an assisted living apartment in Ft. Lauderdale. He was known to have once chased a group of elderly ladies who were talking too loudly from the pool room while brandishing a pool cue and screaming obscenities. 

Another time, when we visited for his 95th birthday, he accused me of stealing from him. We, along with 12 or so other family members, were sitting in the living room of his apartment when he looked over at me and said, "Kelli. Kelli. There was a photo of my son Arthur sitting on the shelf over there. It's not there anymore. Did you take it?" So, I had never even met this man before and now he is accusing me of stealing a picture of some other person that I had never met. Why yes mister, I did steal your picture. I just couldn't imagine the possibility of living a fulfilled life without that photo of Arthur as mine." Not a single person stood up for me or called the man a crazy loon, which would have been the case if this happened in my family, and this is precisely why they are now my EX-family.

To get to my point, this is kind of what Bella is like. She is a grump. Plain and simple. She likes to groan and growl and generally show her dissatisfaction with the state of the world. If you're sitting where she wants to sit, she'll whine. If you accidentally bump her, she give you a dirty look along with a growl of displeasure, and if, God forbid, you try and make her go outside when she does not care to, while she doesn't own a pool cue, she makes use of what she's got throwing an all out dog fit.

Note to Lulu: shhh......

No comments: