Sunday, October 12, 2008

Roadkill


For all of you non-Texans, let me introduce you to the armadillo. Be sure and take a close look at this beautiful creature. It is kind of like a possum (and who doesn't love a possum?), but with a lovely shell. It also somewhat resembles a shelled rat. I don't believe that I have ever seen an armadillo alive, only as quintessential roadkill splayed on the side of the highway. 

I saw an armadillo today and, while it had already met its demise, it wasn't on the side of the road, nor was I in my car. Nope. While on our evening walk, Lulu proudly pranced up to me with a dillo hanging from her mouth. I had the joy of spending 5 minutes wrestling one of God's most stunning creations from her mouth only to have her run back 2 minutes later, giving me the opportunity to repeat the process.

So, while my dear husband was somewhere in Boston, presumably swilling cocktails and having a fabulous dinner, I was spending my evening extracting rodent roadkill from Lulu's jaws.

Good times.

No comments: