Saturday, March 8, 2008

Girl and a Dog. And a Dog.

Is it too late to change my name to Girl and Two Dogs? Not so catchy. Last week we took a little trip to pick up our new Ridgeback puppy and I am happy to announce that we made it through an entire week. I truly have a new appreciation for my friends that are moms. Getting up at 2, 4, and 6 really doesn't suit me. I heard a report that the average American gets 6.5 hours of sleep a night. I am a 9 hour sleeper. I don't use an alarm clock. I just fall asleep and wake up almost exactly 9 hours later and I like it that way.


Bella and I had a great thing going. Get up, she would eat her breakfast and then take about a 2 hour nap before we went out. Well the little one (still nameless after a week) wakes up at 7 (if we are lucky) ready to chow and then play. I mean PLAY. I sometimes wonder if there is something wrong with her. She runs down the hallway so she can get a really big running start and then LEAPS at Bella. All four paws off the ground. If she were a child I think she might have ADD. She will go go go until she falls over and goes to sleep.



She is also unusually hairy for a Ridgeback. She has the strangest really long what I assume are eyebrows. They are like 3 inches long!!! I'm glad she is not a human girl because I am pretty sure she would be teased on the playground for how hairy she is and have to later employ a full-time waxer. She also has strange hair elsewhere but that is probably TMI.


She is really sweet and very fun and Bella seems happy about the new addition. We were a little concerned as Bella is somewhat set in her ways but she has adjusted really well and loves to have a playmate of her own.

Now she just needs a name. If the indecisive Libra in our house could just make a decision that would be great. Really.

No comments: